Pre-Wedding Bridal Beauty Prep
“You owe it to yourself to become everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.”
Every bride wants to look and feel her absolute best on her wedding day. Whether, you are knee deep in planning or haven’t even lifted a finger (except your ring finger to show off your new bling!) there is no better time to start a beauty/self-care routine then now girlfriend! This is not a timeline list but a handful of pro-insider tips from yours truly, Hair & Makeup by Tanya. The reason most brides look so glowing, polished and down right AMAZING, on their wedding day, is not because they are high on Love and Bubbly (although that certainly helps!) it’s because their Bridal Beauty prep began long before the invitations went out.
First comes love, then comes….brows, airbrush tanning, teeth whitening, facials, dip-nails, mani’s, pedi’s, hair treatments, yoga. Ok, you get the point so let’s get into it!
- EYEBROWS: The one thing you can get into shape without exercising. Give your brows a shape up (waxing, threading, tweezing) all done on the regular not past the 2 week mark to the big day. If you have sparse brows keep in mind your Makeup Artist will help create the perfect natural shape to make your eyes pop! If you are considering Micro-blading (6 months out) please do your research and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
- THEETH: To ensure your pearly whites shine their brightest on your special day, start whitening 2 weeks out. My GO-TO product is 5 Minute White by Plus White. I kid you not, this is the bees knees when it comes to whitening and probably the cheapest product on the market!
- HYDRATE: Drink your effing water! Not only will you flush out toxins and rid the extra bloat, you will also notice a difference in your skin. Looking for that supple glow, drink up buttercup!
- AIRBRUSH TAN: A fresh, natural-looking tan is the perfect compliment to any white dress. Not only does your self-confidence soar when you have the perfect spray tan but it is the best way to even out your complexion and give your skin tone a flawless look. A professional airbrush artist can also contour curves and define muscles! Book a trial to prior to the big day so you can make sure you shade and color level is just were you want it. Book at [email protected]
- GLOWING SKIN: Don’t leave it until the last minute to think about your skin – the longer you have to correct any skin issues, the better! Using products that contain AHAs (exfoliating acids) will help to remove dead skin cells, which tend to build up and leave our complexions looking dull and lusterless. Removing this dead layer will leave your skin looking fresher and more vibrant. Watch for my full Skin Prep guide coming soon.
- DON’T GET DEHYDRATED, MOISTURIZE IT DAILY!: If you have really dry skin, or you are looking for smooth, soft, radiant skin don’t forget to moisturize. In the blustery climate here in Jackson Hole you can never over moisturize. Insider Tip: One of my all time favorite products for instant results you will be obsessed with…go get (Alba’s Multi-Purpose Un-Petroleum Jelly) this product is literally $3.99 and is the most effective all body moisturizer. The ingredients are all natural and prevent moisture loss and damage while repairing your skins barrier. This is good for all skin types including oily skin. Slather it on right before bed and wake up a new woman!
- FIRST I GET THE LASHES, THEN I DO THE THINGS: On a serious note, this is beyond true! If you are thinking about getting lash extensions I would give them a shot now so you don’t have any surprises the day of. Or worst, you have lash flakes in all your bridal pics (not a good look). I do personally love getting my lashes done for the summer months and letting the poor things hibernated come winter time. Find a great lash artist and make sure you know what glue they use so there are no complications. Lash extensions are great for weddings; no mascara, wake-up no makeup, and if you are going on a honeymoon right after you are sure to look bombshell ready everyday (for a couple weeks at least). I’m all for lashes but I find that with nearly all of my brides I still end up adding individual clusters or lashes to the outer corner to make your eyes pop. So wether you decide to try them out and/or you love them, I will ALWAYS recommend adding lashes the day of especially for photos.
- GET MOVING: Not only will working out help tighten and firm your body, it will also detoxify your skin. A good workout also boosts energy and makes you feel happier (hello, endorphins!).
- YOU: Amidst planning and making sure everything is streamlined while trying to make everyone else happy…don’t forget to take time for YOU. After all, you are the star of the show and this is YOUR big day. It’s easy to get lost in translation, but please take time to enjoy the process and nurture your soul. Step away from the planning, the tastings, the color palettes and go for walk, read an inspirational book, do something out of the norm. I promise you will come back refreshed and rejuvenated.